Tuesday

More Girls From Lambing Flat

"I wonder where your thing for mannequins comes from??" laughed my sister, Kirralee, in an email this week. "It's cool, though," she added, protecting herself from a potential sibling squabble!

A kooky collecting gene does, in fact, run through my family. My Uncle Blue used to scour his local rubbish tip for "gems". When I was four, my parents threw out my yellow tricycle after I broke it jumping down a retaining wall in the garden — oops, that one had to eventually come out. Guess where we found it the next day? That's right ... my dad clamped his hand over my mouth before I could tell Uncle Blue his latest treasure was my yesterday's trash!

So let me continue to share my fixation with you ... here are two more "girls" from the historic fashion display at the Lambing Flat Folk Museum in Young. You can find another couple here.

What objects, unusual or not, tickle your fancy?

3 comments:

Kerry B said...

My,my these are amazing manniquins!!
i do have a thing for vintage shoes and bags,tea towels and aprons and am thrilled to find them in op shops.

Kerry B said...

My,my these are amazing manniquins!!
i do have a thing for vintage shoes and bags,tea towels and aprons and am thrilled to find them in op shops.

Kirralee Fisher said...

These are incredible photos Kathleen - I am totally in love with both of them! See, your thing for mannequins is cool (though I am slightly *embarrassed* by how easily you see through my tactics to prevent a squabble!)