Sunday

I Love My Dog....

I love my dog as much as I love you
But you may fade, my dog will always come through.
Cat Stevens, "I Love My Dog"

I'm sure many people have professed love for their dog by quoting this song. And I'm sure almost as many photographed their dog for World Toy Camera Day (18 October) this year.

So we've already established that the above photograph probably isn't all that significant! But indulge me for a moment as I tell you Ruby is the fastest dog I've ever met. An Australian Kelpie bred to herd sheep or cows all day, her speed, stamina and agility are not just astounding, but poetic to watch. She's obsessed with bouncy balls, like the one in the photo, and easily jumps up to three times her height to snatch one mid-air.

Okay, now for some technical details....

I sandwiched two shots together, which I took with my Kodak Instamatic 133-X, a plastic baby with automatic focus and two choices of exposure (sunny or not sunny). They're a dime a dozen at charity shops because they take 126 film, which I conveniently sell through CameraFanplastic and eBay.

This post is dedicated to Ruby's Uncle Wayne, who she thinks is way more cool than me!

No comments: